National Institute of Epidemiology Recruitment 2023: NIE has announced notification for the Sr. Technical Assistant/Jr. Medical Officer/SRF/Field Worker/Project Assistant posts. There are 26 vacancies available for the above-mentioned posts. Candidates with the qualification of MBBS/AYUSH/BDS/M.P.H/B.A/B.Sc/M.Sc/MSW/M.A/MLT/DMLT/HSC can apply. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
The National Institute of Epidemiology – NIE was established in 1999 by merging the JALMA Institute for Leprosy. The main objective of this institute is to cover and develop human resources in epidemiology. The vision of this institute is to give a vibrant health system through research education & training in epidemiology.
National Institute of Epidemiology Recruitment 2023 for SRF/Technical Assistant :
|Job Role||Sr.Technical Assistant/Jr.Medical Officer/SRF/FieldWorker/Project Assistant|
|Job Type||TN Govt Jobs|
|Total Vacancies||26 Posts|
|Job Location||Across Tamil Nadu|
|Interview Venue||ICMR-NIE, Chennai|
|Interview Date||28-30 November 2023|
Name of the Project: Diet and Biomarker Survey in India (DABS-I)
- Essential: MBBS/AYUSH/BDS Degree from a recognized university and registration in the respective medical/AYUSH/dental council and willing to work in the field and able to understand the local language.
- Desirable: Masters in Public Health OR minimum of one year of experience in field or community studies
- Essential: B.A/B.Sc in Anthropology/Social Science/Sociology/Science (Biochemistry/Microbiology)/Social Work from a recognized university with a minimum of two years of experience or a Postgraduate degree in the above-specified subjects will be considered as two years of experience and willingness to work in the field
- Desirable: Experience drawing and processing blood samples in field studies.
SRF(Food and Nutrition):
- Essential: M.Sc./MPH in Food & Nutrition, Home Science and willing to work in the field and able to understand local language.
- Desirable: One year experience in conducting field or community studies (24-hour dietary recall data collection)
SRF (Anthropology/Sociology/Social work):
- Essential: M.Sc./M.A./MSW in Anthropology/Sociology/Social Science/Social Work from a recognized university and willing to work in the field and able to understand local language.
- Desirable: One year experience in conducting anthropometry, mobile tablet-based data collection in field or community studies
Essential: MLT from a recognized university OR DMLT with one year of relevant experience (the blood sample collection) OR B.Sc (Nursing) OR Two years nursing with one year of relevant experience (the blood sample collection) AND willing to work in the field and able to understand local language.
- Essential: 12th pass in Science subject and willing to work in the field & able to understand the local language.
- Desirable: Minimum one year of experience in data collection from field or community.
Duration: Contractual for four months
- Medical Officer/Technical Assistant/Project Assistant/Fieldworker: Not exceeding 30 years
- SRF: Not exceeding 35 years
- SC/ST- 05 Years
- OBC- 03 Years
- Medical Officer: Rs. 60,000 +15,000 (FDA)
- Technical Assistant: Rs. 32,000 +12,000 (FDA)
- SRF: Rs. 44,450 +12,000 (FDA)
- Project Assistant: Rs. 31,000 +12,000 (FDA)
- Fieldworker: Rs. 18,000 +10,000 (FDA)
No of Vacancies: 26 posts
- Medical Officer: 02 Posts
- Technical Assistant: 04 Posts
- SRF(Food and Nutrition): 06 Posts
- SRF (Anthropology/ Sociology/ Social work): 02 Posts
- Project Assistant: 04 Posts
- Fieldworker: 08 Posts
The selection process includes a Walk-In Interview/Written Test.
How to apply for National Institute of Epidemiology Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates may download the application form and submit the same duly filled in along with one set of photocopies of certificates, one latest photograph, and all the Original Certificates for verification on 28 -30 November 2023. Applications will be received from the individuals by hand on the date of the walk-in interview between 9:30 am and 11:30 am.
For more details: Click here
Application form: Click here
- Medical Officer/Sr.Technical Assistant: 28 November 2023
- SRF(Food and Nutrition)/SRF (Anthropology/Sociology/Social work): 29 November 2023
- Project Assistant/Field worker: 30 November 2023
Time: From 9.30 AM onwards
ICMR – NIE,
Second Main Road,