NIV Recruitment 2023: The National Institute of Virology has announced notification for the Technical Assistant/Technician position on a temporary contract basis. There are 80 vacancies available for NIV Pune Recruitment. Candidates with the qualification of B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/B.A/BCA/Diploma can apply for the ICMR-NIV Recruitment. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online. The detailed eligibility criteria for NIV Pune Recruitment and the selection process are explained below. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for ICMR posts at ICMR Recruitment and NIE Recruitment.
NIV: The National Institute of Virology is the major institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is located in Pune, Maharashtra. It has various departments. It was designated by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 1967. NIV is also known as the National Centre for Hepatitis and Influenza. The NIV field unit is in Bengaluru.
NIV Recruitment 2023 for Technical Assistant/Technician:
|Job Role||Technical Assistant/Technician|
|Job category||Central Govt Jobs|
|Total Vacancies||80 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||10 December 2023|
Detailed Eligibility of ICMR-NIV Recruitment:
Educational Qualification :
Technical Assistant: B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/B.A/BCA in the Life Sciences/Bioinformatics/Statistics / Biostatistics/Social Sciences/Mass Communication / Mass Media / Journalism/Computer Applications / Computer Science / Data Science / Information Technology from a recognized University/Institute
Technician: 12th or Intermediate pass in Science subject with 55% marks and one-year diploma in the MLT/ Electrical/ Electronics / Instrumentation/ Refrigeration & AC Mechanical
Age Limit(As on 10 December 2023):
- Technical Assistant: 30 years
- Technician: 28 years
- SC / ST: 05 years
- OBC: 03 years
- PwBD: 10 Years
- PwBD + OBC: 13 years
- PwBD + SC/ ST: 15 years
- Technical Assistant: Level-6 (Rs. 35400-112400) of 7th CPC Pay Matrix
- Technician: Level-2 (Rs. 19900-63200) of 7th CPC Pay Matrix
No of vacancies: 80 Posts
- Technical Assistant: 49 Posts
- Technician: 31 Posts
Centres for Exam: Mumbai/Pune
Selection Process of NIV Recruitment 2023:
- Eligible candidates will be called for a selection process consisting of Online Computer Based Test (CBT) and Document Verification. Information for admission will be provided.
- After CBT and document verification wherever applicable, ICMR-NIV merit list for each category post.
- Computer-Based Test Exam: The CBT will be conducted in English or Hindi for 90 minutes and consist of 100 questions, totalling a 100-mark exam. CBT consists of Section ‘A’ of 30 marks and Section ‘B’ of 70 marks.
- A total assessment will be conducted for 100 marks, and 95 per cent weightage will be given to the marks scored by the candidate in the CBT.
- A maximum of five (05) marks for Post Essential Qualification Research/Lab/Field experience in any Government recognized/ approved/ registered Institution or organization will be added to the marks scored by the candidate in the CBT (out of 95) as mentioned below
- >1 and up to 2 years: 1 Marks
- >2 and 4 years: 2 Marks
- >4 and 6 years: 3 Marks
- >6 and 8 years: 4 Marks
- >=8 years: 5 Marks
- Candidates will be selected based on the Final merit list out of 100 marks (95 marks for CBT and 05 marks for experience after acquiring essential qualifications) in order of merit.
- SC/ST/PwBD/Women: Exempted from payment of fees.
- For all others: 300/- plus transaction charges as applicable.
- ICMR employees are not exempted from the fee payment.
How to Apply for NIV Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before 10 December 2023.
For more details: Click here.
To Apply: Click here.
- Opening of link for registration: 26 November 2023
- Closing date for registration: 10 December 2023
- Date for online Computer Based Test (CBT): 16 & 17 December 2023