IOCL Recruitment 2023 notification announced for Trade Apprentices/Technician Apprentice. Candidates with the qualification of a Diploma/ITI/BBA/B.A/B.Com/B.Sc/12th are eligible to apply for the job. There are 1720 openings for this post. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd: Indian Oil’s main business has been refining, transportation, and marketing petroleum products. Indian Oil plays a significant role in fuelling the country’s socioeconomic development. It is recognized as one of India’s most valuable companies, with a turnover of Rs.6,05,924 crore and a net profit of Rs.16,894 crore in 2018-2019. It is planned to expand its business operations abroad through its overseas establishments in Sri Lanka, Mauritius, the UAE, Singapore, the USA, Myanmar, and Bangladesh.
IOCL Recruitment 2023 for Apprentices:
|Job Role||Trade Apprentices/Technician Apprentice|
|Total Vacancies||1720 Posts|
|Stipend||As per Rules|
|Job Location||Guwahati, Barauni, Gujarat, Haldia, Mathura, Panipat, Digboi, Bongaigaon, Paradip|
|Last Date||20 November 2023|
Educational Qualification ( As on 31 October 2023):
Trade Apprentice- AttendantOperator:
- 3 years B.Sc(Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry)
Trade Apprentice (Fitter):
- Matric with ITI in Fitter Trade of minimum 2 years duration with Pass class
Trade Apprentice (Boiler):
- 3 years B Sc. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry)
Technician Apprentice (Chemical):
- 3 years Diploma in Chemical Engg./Petrochemical Engg./Chemical Technology /Refinery and Petrochemical Engg.
Technician Apprentice (Mechanical):
- 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engg.
Technician Apprentice (Electrical):
- 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engg. / Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Technician Apprentice (Instrumentation):
- 3 years Diploma in Instrumentation Engg/Instrumentation & Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control Engg, / Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Trade Apprentice-Secretarial Assistant:
- 3 years B.A./B.Sc/B.Com
- 3 years B.Com
Trade Apprentice-Data Entry Operator(Freshers):
- Class XII pass
Trade Apprentice-Data Entry Operator (Skill Certificate Holders):
- Class XII pass with Skill Certificate holder in `Domestic Data Entry Operator’
Period of Training: 12 months
Age Limit ( As on 31 October 2023 ): 18 – 24 years
- Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST i.e. up to a max of 29 yrs
- 3 years for OBC-NCL i.e.up to a max of 27 yrs., for the posts reserved for them
- Candidates belonging to PwBD categories shall be given age relaxation up to 10 years (up to 15 years for SC/ST) and up to 13 years for OBC-NCL candidates.
- Others as per Govt. instruction
Stipend: The rate of stipend payable to apprentices per month shall be as prescribed under the Apprentices Act, 1961/1973, Apprentices Rules 1992 (as amended), and Corporation’s guidelines.
No.of.Vacancies: 1720 Posts
- Trade Apprentice-Attendant Operator (Chemical Plant) -421
- Trade Apprentice(Fitter) Discipline – 189
- Trade Apprentice (Boiler) Discipline – 59
- Technician Apprentice Chemical – 345
- Technician Apprentice Mechanical – 169
- Technician Apprentice Electrical – 244
- Technician Apprentice Discipline Instrumentation93
- Trade Apprentice Secretarial Assistant – 79
- Trade Apprentice Accountant – 39
- Trade Apprentice Data Entry Operator (Fresher Apprentices) – 49
- Trade Apprentice Data Entry Operator (Skill Certificate Holders) – 33
- Selection shall be on the basis of the performance of the candidates on the basis of marks obtained by them in the Written Test (of two hours duration) and meeting the notified eligibility criteria.
- Call letters for Written Test will be issued to all prima-facie eligible candidates, on the basis of details furnished in the Online Application.
- Written Tests will be conducted with Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) consisting of four options with one correct option.
- A candidate will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the Written Test for the selection process. The minimum qualifying marks shall be 35% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD categories against reserved positions.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their position in the merit list and subject to a number of seats in respective Trades/Disciplines shall be called for Document Verification.
- Candidates selected as apprentices will have to fulfill the minimum physical fitness standard/parameters as specified in the Apprentices Act and amendments/modifications issued from time to time.
How to apply for IOCL Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job online on their official website from 21 October 2023 to 20 November 2023.
For more details: Click here.
To Apply: Click here.
- Opening date for online application: 21 October 2023 (10.00 Hrs)
- Closing date for online application: 20 November 2023 (17.00 Hrs)
- The last date for PWBD candidates to submit prescribed proformas for scribe through email: 22 November 2023
- Tentative date for downloading admit cards: 27-11-2023 to 02-12-2023
- Tentative date of written test: 3 December 2023
- Tentative date of publishing results of written test: 8 December 2023
- Tentative date of document verification: 13-12-2023 to 21-12-2023