IIT Bhubaneswar Recruitment 2023 – Indian Institute Of Technology, Bhubaneswar, invites the online application form from the eligible candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow with 01 vacancy on a temporary contract basis in time bound research project undertaken in the School of Earth, Ocean and Climate Sciences of this Institute. Candidates who completed their M.Sc are eligible to apply. Interested and eligible candidates can apply on or before 12 November 2023. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
About IIT Bhubaneswar: The permanent campus of IIT Bhubaneswar is spreading over 936 Acres of land. It is situated at the foot of Barunei Hill, which is famous for its rich history. The campus provides a unique serene and pollution-free academic environment. IIT Bhubaneswar has an Academic area, a Residential area an area for Training centres, and Research Park. Although IIT Bhubaneswar had started functioning from two transit campuses in Bhubaneswar city during its inception period, the majority of residential and academic activities have now started in the permanent campus at Argul.
IIT Bhubaneswar Recruitment 2023 for Junior Research Fellow:
|Job Role||Junior Research Fellow|
|Total Vacancies||01 Post|
|Last Date||12 November 2023|
Project Name: “Thermo-hydro-mechanical controls and induced seismicity during hydraulic fracturing and unconventional energy exploration”
Junior Research Fellow:
- Candidates selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship), GATE, and National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
- Should possess an M.Sc. degree in Earth Sciences / Geology / Applied Geology or related disciplines with a minimum CGPUCPI of 6.5/10 or 60 % Marks (or equivalent grade points).
- Should have some basic understanding of Engineering Geology, Rock Mechanics, Structural Geology, and Geological fieldwork.
- Should have a basic understanding of mathematics,
- Good oral, written and communication skills,
- Experience in handling regular laboratory experiments
Nature of Work:
- The candidate will perform laboratory-based experimental work to determine the physical, mechanical and hydrologic Properties of rocks in the host institutes or any other institute/organisation (if required).
- Upon requirement, the candidate will assist the investigator in getting various sophisticated analytical tests done at any other institute/organisation apart from the host institute.
- The candidate will undertake extensive fieldwork and collect rock samples for the research work.
- Assist Investigators in report preparation, data compilation/ processing, preparation of Progress reports, international journal publications, etc.
Age limit(As on 12 November 2023): Less than 30 years
Age relaxation: SC/ST/OBC/PWD will be given age relaxation as per Government rules
Salary: Rs. 31,000/- + 9% HRA per month.
No.of.Vacancies: 01 Post
Duration Appointment: 2 years (13.09.2022 to 29.09.2024)
- The selection process includes an Interview.
- Selection for the post will be done through interaction only among the shortlisted candidates.
- The shortlisted candidates will be intimated through email only for interviews.
How to apply for IIT Bhubaneswar Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job online on their official website on or before 12 November 2023.
For more details & Apply: Click here.