Banaras Locomotive Works Recruitment 2023 – Banaras Locomotive Works has announced an online notification for recruitment to the post of ITI/Non-ITI Apprentices. There are 374 openings for these posts. Interested candidates can apply for this recruitment on or before 25 November 2023. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below in detail.
About Banaras Locomotive Works: The Banaras Locomotive Works (BLW) (formerly Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW)) in Varanasi, India, is a production unit of Indian Railways. DLW stopped manufacturing diesel locomotives in March 2019 and was renamed to BLW in Oct 2020. Founded in 1961 as the DLW, it rolled out its first locomotive three years later, on 3 January 1964. It manufactures locomotives which are variants based on the original ALCO designs dating to 1960s and the GM EMD designs of the 1990s. In July 2006, DLW outsourced manufacture of some locomotives to Parel Workshop, Central Railway, Mumbai. In 2016, it bagged “Best Production Unit Shield 2015-16” The first phase of expansion project of BLW was initiated in 2016. In 2017, it bagged the “Best Production Unit Shield 2016-17” for 2nd consecutive year.
Banaras Locomotive Works Recruitment 2023:
|Job Role||ITI/Non-ITI Apprentices|
|Total Vacancies||374 posts|
|Salary||As per govt norms|
|Job Location||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh|
|Last Date||25 November 2023|
Educational Qualification(26 October 2023):
- Candidates should possess 10th Class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 system) with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates should possess 10th Class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 system) with a minimum of 50% marks and must have passed ITI (Relevant Trades).
Age Limit(25 November 2023):
For Non-ITI Candidates: 15 – 22 Years
For ITI Candidates:
- 15 – 24 Years
- For Welder & Carpenter: 15 – 22 Years only
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- Others as per Govt instructions
Stipend: Stipend will be paid as per Railway Board’s/Labour ministry instructions issued from time to time.
Total Vacancies: 374 posts
ITI Apprentice: 300 posts
- Fitter – 107 Posts
- Carpenter – 03 Posts
- Painter (Gen) – 07 Posts
- Machinist – 67 Posts
- Welder (G&E) – 45 Posts
- Electrician – 71 Posts
Non-ITI Apprentice: 74 posts
- Fitter – 30 Posts
- Machinist – 15 Posts
- Welder (G&E) – 11 Posts
- Electrician – 18 Posts
Selection Process of Banaras Locomotive Works Recruitment 2023 :
- The selection will be done based on the merit list in each unit, which will be prepared based on the percentage of marks in the Matriculation Examination (with a minimum of 50% (aggregate) marks).
- For Non-ITI Posts, ITI passed candidates will be selected but they will not be given any weightage of lTI score.
- For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Female Candidates are exempted from application fees
Application fees mode: Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking.
How to apply for Banaras Locomotive Works Recruitment 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates must register themselves in the Apprenticeship portal and can apply online for the post on the official website on or before 25 November 2023 (16:45 Hrs)
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
Apprenticeship Portal: Click here